Saturday, August 8, 2009
















I took my den to the Mt. St. Helen Ape Caves. First the boys went to the visitors center where they watched an educational video, then we went on a hike at the Trail of Two Forests. This was very neat. We were able to see where the lava encased the tree burning it but leaving behind lave tubes. The picture with me is climbing down a lava tube with Jacob. I don't know who was more scared him or me. Finally we went to the Ape Caves which is named after a boy scout troop that discovered the caves, The Mount St. Helen Apes. We had a great day. It was so nice in the caves (45 degrees vs 90 degrees outside.) The boys had a wonderful time crawling around in the caves. It was a mile and a half hike and all the kids did great!
Balin "This is the best adventure I have ever had."

No comments:

Post a Comment